Shop Custom Wire Baskets
We manufacture both standard & custom-engineered wire baskets.
Which will best suit your needs?
Learn more below about these two options:
Made-to-order baskets available in a variety of standard shapes, sizes & options.
Our convenient online store AnySizeBasket.com is home to our catalog of made-to-order wire and mesh baskets. Choose from a variety of standard, pre-engineered designs and a wide menu of material, lining, lid and handle options.
- Best for simple applications that are not highly-specialized
- All AnySizeBasket.com products are manufactured by Three M Tool
- Free shipping
- No minimum order
- Most orders ship within 2 weeks
- Several ready-to-ship products offered
Custom-Engineered Wire Baskets
We’ll work with you to design and manufacture a basket tailored to your application.
Have requirements not met by standard basket designs? Need a wire or mesh solution to a complex or highly-specialized problem? Let our experts engineer a custom product that’s specific to you.
- Best for complex needs & specialized applications
- Fully-customized solutions made in direct collaboration with you & your needs
- Can include non-standard features such as unique sizes/shapes, interior components, higher tolerances, surface coatings/finishes, etc.
- Most orders ship in 4-8 weeks
Not sure what you need? We can help
Our Custom Engineering Process
- General application: cleaning, filtering, chemical dip, heat treating, FPI inspection, etc.
- Application environment: ultrasonic, high temperature, enclosed vapor degreasing (EVD), caustic dip, spray wash.
- Work envelope size: dimensions of any tanks, conveyors, machine chambers, etc.
- Smallest part size: opening size for mesh selection, mesh openings should be just smaller than the smallest part.
- Other wire basket features:
- Handles (top, ends, swinging)
- Lid (hinged, latches, compression)
- Part orientation (top loading only or full rotation)
- Divided compartments (solid metal, perforated, mesh walls)
- Crossing rod grids
- Pin rack (spacing, length, radiused ends)
- Part protection (Nylon 11 coating, UHMW)
- Basket stacking (stack height)
- Lifting (single-point hoist, multi-point sling hoist, fork truck)
- Part examples: digital models, photos, samples
- Design intent: Will the wire basket or product design work for its intended purpose?
- Manufacturability: Can the wire basket or product design be made easily and accurately?
- Usability: Is the wire basket or product design safe, intuitive, and comfortable for the end user?
- Value: Will the cost to make the wire basket or part be appropriate to the customer’s need?
- Ideally, the customer has supplied digital part models or physical part samples that we can digitize. We start by positioning digital parts models within the work envelope constraints, paying close attention to how the parts are oriented to maintain part-to-part clearance.
- With the digital parts positioned “in space,” the basket is designed outward to support and secure the parts during the process. We are able to experiment with different configurations within SolidWorks to find the design that is the most secure and the easiest to load.
- Our design concept is then presented to the customer with engineering drawings or digital animations. Because the parts, the basket, and sometimes even the process equipment has been drawn to scale, problems are easy to identify and correct before production begins.
Basket with Stacking-Nesting Trays to Hold Small Parts
Our customer needed a carrier basket and insert trays to hold small parts during the cleaning process.
Jet Turbine Blade Basket with Lid
Our customer, the largest jet engine remanufacturing facility in the US, required a basket system to organise the turbine vane and blade parts through their process.
Basket to Cradle Polished Shafts
Our customer manufactures close tolerance shafts with highly polished surfaces that needed to be cleaned before final assembly.
Let’s talk about your needs.