Stainless Steel Basket to Wash Machined Castings
Parts Washing Basket with Stacking Corners
|Three M Tool Part #||
RANS-141206 REV A
13-7/8”L x 12 1/8”W x 5”H
Stainless Steel Basket to Wash Machined Castings:
Our customer manufactures machined parts that need to be washed in a Ransohoff parts washer.
Our customer needed custom stainless steel baskets to hold heavy castings with machined surfaces securely in a full rotation cleaning process. The baskets must be easy to load and unload. The baskets needed to stack and needed to hold as many parts as possible without the parts touching each other. The Ransohoff Parts Washing Cell was fed by a conveyor system so the basket design needed to move smoothly along the conveyor.
Three M Tool started with a digital model of the customer’s part and designed crossing rod grids to position and hold the parts securely. The cleaning system processes a stack of two baskets per cycle, so our design has an extra concentric frame around the top edge to secure the bottom frame of the basket above. The height position of the parts in the baskets lets the bottom of the basket above to act as the lid for the lower basket, keeping the parts in place when rotated without extra lids. The carriage within the Ransohoff machine acts as the lid for the top baskets. The conveyor system bringing the baskets to the parts washing cell used guides and fences to position the baskets. Our basket design included pads at the corners to interface with the conveyor system. The custom baskets also have a diamond shaped rod on the bottom face to move smoothly along the conveyor. This parts washing basket is 304 Stainless Steel Construction throughout with a Natural Surface Finish.
Design Feature Ideas for your Custom Industrial Basket:
- Internal Grids: This Parts Washing Basket has Internal Crossing grid rods to locate and separate parts with almost no blockage of cleaning or drying. See other Baskets with Grids.
- Part Cradling: This basket holds oddly shaped parts in a specific orientation. See other Baskets with Part-specific Cradling.
- Bottom Feature: There is a Conveyor Bottom on this basket so it will move easily on a conveyor. See other Bottom Feature Options.
- Stacking Feature: These baskets have an extra concentric frame at the top so they will stack securely. See other Ways to Stack Baskets.
- Basket used in Manufacturing Companies: This is one of our many custom baskets designed for manufacturing companies. See other Baskets used by Manufacturing Companies.
- Basket used in Ransohoff Equipment: See other Baskets used in Ransohoff Equipment.