Stainless Steel Basket and Lid with Interchangeable Inserts:
Our customer had several different parts to run through the same process so they wanted one basket with interchangeable inserts to suit each part.
Our customer wanted a single basket to bulk wash small loose parts, and also securely hold several different larger parts. Each of the part styles needed to be held securely in the basket for a full rotation cycle. A compression lid was needed to to keep the parts in the baskets. The basket inserts had to be easy for the operators to change for the different part configurations. And the baskets needed to stack safely.
The basket and insert system Three M Tool designed started with a mesh lined stainless steel basket and compression lid. The basket has an extra concentric ring at the top so the baskets will stack securely. The baskets also have a diamond shaped rod on the bottom face, called a conveyor bottom, so the basket moves easily on roller conveyors. The basket has two spring loaded drop handles for easy lifting and moving. The adjustable compression lid has spring loaded pins that engage into holes in the basket to lock the lid in place at a variety of different heights. The basket and lid are lined with 3 mesh x 0.063 woven wire mesh.
We then designed several part-specific inserts to fit inside the open basket. One insert configuration uses a crossing rod grid to orient and secure machined castings. The grid pattern was designed to hold the parts upright and not touch each other. The adjustable compression lid would clamp the parts and the insert in place. Another part-specific insert used vertical pins to orient and confine different parts. These parts had a critical machined surface that was protected by Snap-on UHMW on the insert rods. Again, the adjustable compression lid would clamp the parts and the insert in place.
Design Feature Ideas for your Custom Industrial Basket:
- A System of Inserts, Baskets, and Carriers: This custom basket uses inserts to create different configurations for different parts. See other Baskets like this.
- Bottom Feature: These stainless steel baskets have a diamond shaped rod on the bottom face so the basket moves easily on a roller conveyor. See other Bottom Feature Options.
- Basket Lid: An adjustable compression lid locks into the basket to secure the parts. See other Lid Options.
- Stacking Feature: An extra concentric rod frame at the top of the basket lets them stack securely. See other Ways to Stack Baskets.
- Internal Grids: One of the two basket inserts orients parts with crossing rod grids. See other Baskets with Grids.
- Pins to Locate Parts: One of the two basket inserts used vertical pins to locate and secure parts. See other Baskets with Pins.
- Basket for Bulk Washing Parts: The outer basket and lid, without basket inserts installed, works well to bulk wash smaller loose parts. See other Baskets for Bulk Part Washing.
- Basket used in Automotive Companies: These baskets are being used in a high volume automotive parts manufacturer. See other Baskets used by Automotive Companies.
- Basket used in Ransohoff Equipment: See other Baskets used in Ransohoff Equipment.