Custom Stainless Steel Basket to Hold Castings thru a Vacuum Impregnation Process:
Custom Stainless Steel Basket to hold oddly shaped parts
|Three M Tool Part #||
MAE-241522 - Rev B
600mm x 400mm x 163mm (23-5/8”L x 15-3/4”W x 6-7/16”H)
Stainless Steel Basket to Hold Castings thru a Vacuum Impregnation Process:
Our customer needed a custom stainless steel baskets to hold cast aluminum parts through a vacuum impregnation process that cleans the parts, coats the parts with chemical sealant, spins the parts at several hundred RPMs to remove excess sealant, then cures the sealant with a hot air blast.
Our customer needed custom baskets to hold the oddly shaped parts in a very specific orientation to optimize cleaning and coating. Also, the baskets needed to hold the part securely through the full rotation process. And the design needed to be as open and light as practical so the cleaning and chemical sprays aren’t blocked and to minimize “drag-through” of the impregnation chemicals. It was very important that the baskets were easy and intuitive for the operators to load the parts in the correct orientation in a high volume production line. The Godfrey and Wing brand machine processes two loaded baskets per cycle so they needed to stack securely. And the baskets needed to hold as many parts as possible to maximize throughput.
Three M Tool designed and built a custom stainless steel basket with a 1/4″ diameter rod outer frame with all frame joints TIG welded for strength. The interior of the basket has several levels of 3/16″ diameter rod grids creating 12 uniquely shaped pockets to locate and separate customer parts. The bottom is lined with 2 mesh x .047 welded wire mesh. And there is an extra frame on the bottom of the basket for secure stacking. The basket is 304 Stainless Steel Construction throughout.
Design Feature Ideas for your Custom Industrial Basket:
- Stacking Feature: This custom basket has a rectangular frame on the bottom to lock into the basket below for stacking. See other Ways to Stack Baskets.
- Surface Finish: This basket is powder coated with Nylon 11 to protect the parts from scratches. See other Baskets with a Surface Finish.
- Internal Grids: There are crossing grid rods to locate and separate parts with almost no blockage of spray, drying or drainage. See other Baskets with Grids.
- Basket for Spray Washing Parts: This basket design has been designed with minimum blockage of spray. See other Baskets for Spray Washing.
- Basket used in Automotive Companies: These baskets are being used in a high volume Automotive Parts manufacturer. See other Baskets used by Automotive Companies.
Basket with Internal Grids
to hold Molded Composite Parts
CLM-100805 - Rev B