Stainless Steel Basket to hold Fuel Injector Bodies:
Our customer manufactures automotive parts and needed a stainless steel basket to hold highly polished fuel injector bodies for final cleaning before assembly.
Our customer needed custom stainless steel baskets to hold cylindrical parts for ultrasonic cleaning. The parts have several highly polished areas that could not be touched. The basket design had to securely locate and separate the parts, without contacting any of the polished areas on the parts. The loaded baskets needed to stack securely without damaging the parts,
Three M Tool designed custom baskets with a sturdy rod outer frame to support the parts. The inside of the basket has two rows of zig-zag rods shaped to securely hold the cylindrical parts and positioned to not touch the polished areas while keeping the parts from sliding out of the baskets. Our basket design includes tabs at each corner of the top edge so the baskets can be stacked. The basket is 304 Stainless Steel Construction throughout and all surfaces are Electropolished to improve ultrasonic cleaning.
Design Features shown here that could be Ideas for your Custom Basket:
- Part Cradling: Inside this basket are zigzag shaped rods to securely hold and locate the cylindrical parts. See other Baskets with Part-specific Cradling.
- Stacking Feature: This basket has tabs at each corner of the top edge for stacking. See other Ways to Stack Baskets.
- Surface Finish: The surface of this basket is Electropolish to improve ultrasonic cleaning. See other Baskets with a Surface Finish.
- Basket for Ultrasonic Cleaning Part: The design of this basket is very open and is electropolished to improve ultrasonic cleaning. See other Baskets for Ultrasonic Cleaning.
- Basket used in Automotive Companies: These custom baskets are used by a company that manufactures automotive parts. See other Baskets used by Automotive Companies.